Saturday 5 November 2011

I HAVE MY HOST FAMILY!!

Ahhhh!!! It's so exciting!! It finally feels real and everything! It's definitely going to happen!!

So at about 12 today, at the end of my Geography class, my mum texts me to tell me to check my EF page, (like a mini Facebook for the exchange kids). Turning my laptop on, logging in and doing the few clicks it takes, I see that I have my host family!! I literately started to jump up and down in my seat and the biggest smile came across my face, I haven't stopped smiling yet!!
Anyway, so I've slid my laptop in my bag, and run to Claire, dumped my bag at the front of the room and started to jump up and down, screaming "I know where I'm going! I know where I'm going!!! Claire! Claire! I know where I'm going!!! I'm going to Nebraska! Nebraska!! In a little town called Randolph! Claire! I'm going to Randolph, Nebraska!!"

I have no clue how she understood me, because I'm pretty sure I sounded more like a dying animal or something like that....Didn't draw a single breath for the whole thing... So it was more like "IknowwhereI'm going!IknowwhereI'mgoing!!!Claire!Claire!IknowwhereI' going!!!I'mgoingtoNebraska!Nebraska!!Inalittle towncalledRandolph!Claire!I'mgoingtoRandolphNebraska!!"
   
So Randolph, Nebraska is where I'll be chilling in America, and literately, chilling...it gets down to -50 degrees, MINUS FIFTY! Freaking cold weather. I have a mum, dad and sister, no pets unfortunately, but I've Google Mapped the place, and my property is fairly large :D My school looks cool today, and the lunch menu is awesome...cookies, cake, cinnamon scrolls, tacos, pfft and all the American movies make out that cafeteria food is gross...sounds pretty alright to me! It's about 1 1/2 hours from Sioux City in Iowa, So I'll hopefully be able to visit my friend Tina who is 1 hr from Sioux City in the other direction :D

Ahh so happy!! I'm so pleased I've got my family! Makes it so much more exciting!! Probably stop here before I drone on and on about how happy I am about having my host family and everything :D

See that little coloured in red state? Yeah, that's where I'm going...Be jealous :D

No comments:

Post a Comment